Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I AM FREEZING!!!

Haha what a week and where to start?!? I’ll admit I always have so much to say but I hate typing and getting everything organized so I usually just don’t get everything out or across like I would like.  This has been a great week. I AM FREEZING!  Holy canoli! Last Monday I pulled out every single warm article of clothing I had, and my blanket, I slept with a sweat shirt and the blanket. There is an unforgiving wind here that never lets up! During the day it’s ok but at night we are dying! Haha it’s only like 60´s or 50´s but still going from an inferno (hell) to an ice box is a night and day shift.

So we opened this area meaning neither of us know the area, the other missionaries had nothing so we basically started from scratch... again, it’s San Jorge all over again BUT better because I can actually understand and speak! So it is 10 x´s better! We have just done a lot of contacting and getting to know the area. THIS AREA IS HUGE!!! We have so many aldea´s, is what they call neighborhoods maybe or little towns or villages away from the main city…We have like 13 of them so we have a huge area. This area has money! They have so many beautiful houses and they actually have roads! I will admit I do miss the pigs in the streets.

The branch here is awesome, about 60 attended this last Sunday so a completely different shift! And the best part is we didn’t have to do anything! Except we taught a lesson together but that’s not hard when you are together! Also we did our first divisions which is going out with a priest, I was nervous at first but it went great, we went out to a town about 30 minutes to visit some less active and everything went great!

I’ve been kinda sick this week, I woke up one morning and just had straight boo. I think that is a missionary term, but it’s when it just sneaks up on you and then BOO you have about 20 seconds before you explode, I will save you the details, but ya straight liquid...ewe...haha.

Alright well you all have questions so I will just get on with it I SAW ELDER JENSEN TODAY!!! hahaha so awesome!! so we woke up the usual and got on a bus to Jutiapa, then got on one to the capital. 2 and a half hours later we are walking to the CCM! I was nervous I didn’t know why. but we got there and they wouldn’t let us in (they are very strict there) we had called president Stemile about 2 weeks ago and he said it was fine, but turns out he is in the US for a week. So about 20 minutes later the guard lets us in, they sit us in the office and look for Arce’s brother. Then Hmo. Dubon walks in, he is the guy in charge and we are friends so I ask for elder Jensen and he says that he is at the park contacting, but he would return soon, so we met Arce’s brother and we ate lunch there which was awesome. I MISS THE CCM, but I was like a celebrity there with all the gringos…they are asking all these questions and way impressed with my Spanish it was awesome I remember being in their shoes and not being able to speak a lick of Spanish and now I can understand and speak pretty well. (The lord has helped me so much!) But then he came back, well the group came back and I was looking and looking and couldn’t find him turns out he’s right next to me with his back to me. So I tap him and totally catch him off guard! It was great. We only got to talk for about 10 minutes but it was awesome, I gave him some Guatemalan food and some junk food and he gave me some things from the MTC nothing to much but it was great. Then we were off! It all happened so fast. I wish we could have stayed longer but they said only 30 minutes and we were there for like an hour and a half! Haha it was good to see my old teachers and Hmo. Dubon, he is a man! Well I don’t have much time, we are running really late and have to go teach soon, sorry.

Tell the Wilcox’s thank you for the letter! And for the love and support, they are awesome. And tell Dee don’t worry I love BYU ;)… say hi to nana for me, and that I am always thinking about her and that I love her. To answer a question, I didn’t see too many but I just skimmed your letter Arce receives emails from his family every week and through his brother today he received 2 packages and 40 dollars for Christmas. But usually just emails.

I don’t know if you can but tell Ben, Jessie and Chuck hi and that they look so cute! HAHAHAH DAD LOOKS like a goober!! You little cutie in your costume. Alright well I love you guys always know that! Seriously I love you guys so much! I have gained so much more of a love for you guys and its stupid that I had to go to Guatemala to attain it.

Hey I have photos I want to send but there is a virus on my card so the photos don’t show up. how can I remove the virus so I can send the pictures? These photo’s I removed from the folder a couple weeks ago, well I guess just last week cause these are of the missionaries in our zone with president stay, the branch of san Jorge, and me in a melon field that they shipped to Costco, or for Costco.

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a lot..... but really!!!

Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment