Monday, June 25, 2012

Things Are Just Dandy!!!


Hey mammy! and pammy!

Welp things are just dandy! We had two baptisms this last week! Which are always stressful trying to plan them an help make everything go smoothly, but I have noticed that baptisms will NEVER go as you would like or planned but that is what makes it fun right;) always keeps you on your toes. So it’s been raining a lot, and wit the rain the river fills with mud (they should call it the muddy season) well all the water comes from the river, so the shower head is constantly clogging and when we went to fill the baptismal font ( it is a portable pool) the water was SO nasty! We thought shoot how can we filter this? So we went and got socks and put those over the hoses so the socks are filtering the water, it worked great! So we left, well came back and the socks were BLACK! And the water was super sketchy also. The socks couldn’t handle it, so we baptized in nasty sketchy swamp water, but I survived.

Oh elder Behymer wrote me, told me to say hi to you guys, he sounds like he is doing well. he is going to love Paraguay and the mission field; there is a missionary from Paraguay in my district, super humble and super spiritual stud.

The divisions with elder pierce went well, I went to his area; it is a hard area, super-hot because there are no trees and the people are really closed off there, but I helped him with his contacts and how to talk with the people better. He is a great missionary super funny we had a great time together. And it looks like we are probably going to do them again this week to help them look for a new commodore because his comp doesn’t want to look for a new one and they are going to get kicked out at the end of this month.

One day I will upload all the photos that I have taken, soon I will do it don’t worry, and you can see all the photos that I’ve taken. And also the ones from the waterfalls! Also that wasn’t my first time on divisions with a gringo, I’ve done them before when I was in San Jorge, but I did them with people from my group with the same time as me, so they were an adventure because neither of us could speak very good. But they were fun.

So the real changes are July 11th, but I don’t know what will happen, Elder Lagos goes home on July 18th one week after, so who knows what will happen, or if I will stay in the area for another 6 weeks (9 months!!!) that would be crazy, I hope not but anything is possible, and whatever happens happens for a reason so I will find that reason. The reason I stayed this last change was to baptize these 2 people! I was frustrated then but I knew there was a reason and look! It is awesome how the Lord works. This is his work not ours, we are on his errand not ours; I will do whatever he or President Stay asks of me because they know better!

Yes there are missionaries up in Barrios, also in Santo Tomas which is like 5 minutes away, I would love to be up there working, which would be my dream! But I am just happy to be out of the capital enjoying the rural parts! And I bet after this I am going into the cap and will stay there the rest of my mission. But WHO KNOWS!

Yes I keep my journal, I filled the first one you sent me off with, and now have another one the same size, and that will last me this last year, I write in it every day, it’s a habit I’ve gotten into, so don’t worry:) and in order to open up an area President stay would have to talk to the area presidency and get permission and everything figured out, there is an area up there called Livingston, missionaries where there about 20 years ago, I would LOVE to go there, you travel by boat to get there, that is like everyone’s dream to get called to open up there, but it won’t happen, there were a lot of problems 20 years ago so that is why it closed, and there are a lot of witches and sketchy stuff up there. Also I took out a little of money because we ran out! We are traveling so much to do baptismal interviews and divisions that I had to take money out, so that is why I took out a little sorry.

Well the pictures are of the sketchy water, our "filters", a girl we baptized to complete the family, and you will see the family picture when I upload them all. a Jewish park we found while on divisions! And the last one if you zoom in where all the people are looking, those are AK 47's and a whole bunch of drugs! There was a huge drug and gun bust on the route right in Teculutan. It was awesome. I saved the article for you guys to see in one year.







I am so thankful for you guys, I really can’t express how truly thankful I am for you guys! honestly I have the greatest family in the whole world. we are so blessed, literally we have so many blessings, we have so many reasons to be grateful to God and give thanks for all the wonderful blessings that we have. I wish I could express how thankful I am for such great parents that I have, for ones that love me and support me and have taught me the difference between right and wrong. You say you are proud of me, but really you should be proud of yourselves because I owe it all to you guys! Guatemala is CRAZY! I love it, it is such a different pace of things super crazy, but I love it, I love this gospel. Baptisms are amazing, the spirit was so strong, and it truly is a wonderful thing. I know this church is true, I don’t get why not everyone is a member it is AMAZING! and we receive so many blessings because of it. I love you guys, truly thank you for everything and for everything that you do for me! I am so glad to hear that everything is going well, and I love you all!!! let me know if I can do anything for you.
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment