Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Longest Week


WOW well what a week, this honestly has felt like the longest week in the whole world, but change week always feels like that. So as you probably guessed I don’t have changes, yep that’s right I’m staying in Teculutan I’ll be here for 6 months and 4 and a half months with Elder L. I was a little ready for changes a changeup, but now that I know I’m staying here I’m ready to tear this area up!

So yesterday (Monday) we had our zone conference, they told us Thursday so it was a little short of notice but it was SO GOOD! Elder Armado is in the first q. of the seventy and now has the longest time of any of the seventy of being one of the seventy (I probably could have said that better but you understand) oh man it was so great! he is such an amazing man, there wasn’t really any form to his lesson, he let us ask questions and he would then give like 20 minute answers (the first 2 minutes was the real answer, and then the rest just whatever the spirit told him to say) it was super good, can’t really describe it more than that, but it was definitely a spiritual high! And a super motivator to work harder. After or during the conference I realized a couple things that I am going to put into practice, mainly just dedicating myself more to the work, and not getting so distracted. I’m here for two years and the Lord wants my 100% so I’m going to give it my all for all the time I have left. and I’m going to be more positive, it doesn’t matter who my comp is I am going to learn something from every single one of them, because that is why they are my comps because they have something I need to learn whether it be of what I should or should not do.

YES! I got your package!! It was AMAZING I loved the Girl Scout cookies! I’m so stoked for those! That magazine was interesting also, Desert hills seems to be doing really well with sports which is awesome!  um to answer some of your questions I haven’t baptized the 8 year old yet I still need to call the branch president over there (man am I turning into a Guatemalan but procrastinating?) so you asked about the 500 members, we are trying to visit each one and see what happened why they stopped coming, and see how we can help then, and invite them to come back, one of the ways we are doing that is inviting them to the temple, and to prepare again (because in order to go there they have to pay tithing, attend church, live the word of wisdom and chastity) so it’s all a part of a plan of Elder Perry, it is working and we are starting to activate some people, but then there are some other people that don’t want anything to do with us, and that’s a little hard, I don’t understand how they can be a member and then a couple years down the road don’t want anything. Usually what happened is they were offended by someone or something. It wasn’t that they never had a testimony (usually, we have found some cases where they admitted they never had one) it was they got baptized and didn’t have the support of the branch to adapt to the new live and continue. So we are trying to help people come back to the fold. But mainly above all like they said in conference just love them, don’t treat them any differently just love them.

I can’t believe it’s the iron man time! I’m so jealous! I want to do that so badly, but in 2 years I can be able to!

So I am now out of time, but I want you all to I love it here, and I love these people, that was another topic of the conference, they have a different culture, its dirty here (they throw trash in the streets like it’s no big deal) but just love them, and I do I love them! And I love you guys! I hope everything is going well I miss you all but I love it here sorry! I look forward to calling home! Hang in there. How is thumper doing without Shelby? And how is mitt Romney doing? You better get prepared with the Olympics coming up; I expect grand details about everything! And also about the NBA (well not grand details but up dates) tell Br. Wilcox he has his work cut out for him with the Olympics!

Mom how did your lesson go? How is everything going with everyone! WRITE ME! I now know I have almost a year because the letters have stopped now, but its ok I knew this day would come so I have been preparing for it. Hahaha just kidding, ok well until next time! I love you
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment