Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Holy Cow!


Hey family!
Holy cow this week has been crazy. The conference really threw us off, and having p day Tuesday. It has messed up my routine! So this week has flown by! But so much has happened. but first to answer your questions president said that I can call whenever I want, Sunday the next Sunday or during the week, basically he said it doesn’t matter, so depends also when we can come here to Guastatoya to use the computers there (we are going to obey the rules) it would be so much easier to go to an internet cafe that is one block away from our house and use Skype but we are obedient:) well at least we try to be. so I sent up a Skype account, I didn’t know if I could with mylds account so I did it with my other one, and I sent mom an invite, I don’t know to be honest if we can Skype they are going to try to figure it out. But it is still a long time away, so the question is when do you want to call? I can any time.

I don’t remember if I told you but last week we had like a sea food buffet! Our converts returned from Puerto Barrios and brought a bunch of king crab and fish and who know what, so we had a huge feast, I’m so sick of sea food now! But it was so good! Pictures to come next time I update Picasa. And I ate fish eyes, it sounds so gross but it wasn’t as bad as what I thought it would be, it tasted like a yoke of an egg.

Quote of the week "happiness is a habit - cultivate it" AND "love one another and you will be happy, it is as simple and as difficult as that." chew on those for this week and try to apply them in your life! something Elder Armado said is that it’s not fun to be angry, he doesn’t want to spend eternity like that, so don’t be angry here on earth, we are all humans and we all make mistakes and do stupid things, FORGIVE and move on. which sometimes is super hard because yes people are idiots (shoot I don’t sound like a missionary right now) but its true but don’t let them affect you, just like dad always says, have enough self-confidence inside to love yourself enough to not let others affect you.

So we are going to the temple tomorrow! To accompany our converts to the temple to do baptisms for their ancestors! I’m so stoked but they are so much more excited! It is truly amazing! So we are going to be witnesses for the baptisms and do the confirmations. But my comps recommend expires today (Monday aka last day of April) and so we called president and surprisingly he was in the area and hurry and did an interview with him. That was Friday I think. the next day the branch president tells us that a couple needs an interview to be sealed, but president needs more warning then 2 days (we are going tomorrow) long story short he was very upset (the branch president) and he had a right to be (no need to explain everything) but everything is good now, but ya he was super mad. So that’s how we end Saturday night.

Ok so yesterday (Sunday) was super stressful... let me explain.  We are walking to church (one block away) and we see president’s car parked out front waiting for us to open it. (Yes that is very rare) so president decided to come and do the interviews and visit the branch because he hasn’t yet (there are 94 branches and wards in his mission, so it is hard to visit every one) so that was a nice surprise. Also I had to give a talk.... so I gave a talk with president there and Sister stay. I kinda changed what I was going to talk about but not too much just took out an example I had about finding nemo hahaha but I feel like it was a great talk it was about how we can apply the atonement in our lives when we have challenges. I recorded it and tried to send it to you but it’s too big  :) bahaha is there another way I could send it? So the meeting was really great I spoke then sister stay then President Stay. He is such a stud, I love him, and he really does receive revelation, he addressed a lot of the problems that are going on in the branch and he knows nothing about them. He was very direct and bold in what he said (but that is how you need to be because sometimes the people just don’t get it!) so that was our stressful Sunday. A lot more happened this week, but I’m out of time! I love you! Read the Liahona this month the article about the atonement by Bednar, it is amazing and that is what I based my talk off of. I love you all so much and can’t wait to call home! Really just keep improving your lives, enjoy life! We only have one! So why not make the most of it? I love you all. Really I do.
Much love.
Elder Call

Also I attached a photo of my house from the one you sent me on Google Earth. We are just above from where you labeled our house... Next week I will send you a picture of the Chapel so you can put it up on Google Earth...Hahaha!


No comments:

Post a Comment