June 23, 2011
So I leave in 5 days for Guatemala NBD, as for advice, you asked at a great time in fact I don’t think you could have asked at a better time. I have been doing a lot of thinking lately.
- Missions are hard, you usually only hear about the great stuff but they are hard also, best / hardest 2 years.
- You need to truly know why you are out serving ya can’t be out serving for anyone else but yourself and the Lord. Know why you are serving.
- No matter where you get called there is a reason why you get called there. Every mission is still a mission for the Lord, whether it is in Boise, Idaho or Madagascar. A mission is a mission and you will be serving the Lord and have so many spiritual experiences and there will be people there only you can convert.
- The Lord will / wants to mold you so be moldable.
- Don’t do things and not learn from them, learn from everything.
- Be positive. It is so easy to get down and be negative but don’t. You are a representative of Jesus Christ.
- Honestly, the first couple of days you may feel inadequate, especially if you are trying to learn a new language, but you are adequate. The Lord knows what you are capable of, so trust in him.
- Preach My Gospel
- LOVE. If you have love ya can do anything that will make up for lacking in # 1 & 2. Love for the people and this gospel.